• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

New bug with skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_M

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Victoria, I found this bug using the custon black skin, it was NOT there the last time I used it.
It concerns the drop-downs at the top of the page, in the case of the screenshot, the "Quick Links" drop-down,
but it is the same on all dropdowns, and I also tried it on Chrome, Opera, Safari and IE, the same thing happens.

Screenshot:

That's weird! I haven't touched either of the old dark/black skins since I created them. Ok, I'll see what I can figure out.

Is it working ok now Chris?

Rats, I thought I'd cracked it. Ok, back to the drawing board. The updated LRF skin's nearly done so I'll probably just transfer settings into that instead.

Don't worry too much about it Victoria, it's nothing bad, I almost never use those dropdowns anyway.
You could put this issue at the bottom of your to-do list as far as I'm concerned.

It's just something I chanced upon and reported it.

Thanks Chris. It is on the list. Just the 4.1 book update to get out the door first (v. soon!) and the Members Area to go live, and then I get some forum tweaking time.

Yep, I noticed the bug as mentioned, but since someone has already reported it, I am just going to sit back and wait for it to be fixed. Thanks.

Just a quick update. I haven't forgotten this dark theme, but it's not proving to be an easy fix, so it's been on hold for a (long!) while.

I've just ordered the vBulletin 5 upgrade, which will mean a complete rewrite of the themes from scratch, so it seems silly to spend too much time fixing the vBulletin dark one. It turns out vBulletin 5's not ready for primetime yet (it's buggy as anything!!!) so I'm just working on the new themes on a test site at the moment, and I'll let you know as soon as we're ready to go live.

Sounds good Victoria, but personally, I haven't said anything more because it's really not bothering me.
I only reported it because I thought you might like keeping things pretty here, which wold mean fixing it.

But no rush, "whenever" is a good time to deal with it... ;)

Thanks Chris. Pretty is good...... it's been bugging me for the last year!

I hate using the white one but the dark is still not right. Any estimate on when this will be fixed?

Hi Den

Is it just that menu bug that's bugging you or something else?

Realistically, a fix is a way off. I've purchased vBulletin 5, but it's a bit too buggy to install yet. I haven't got spare hours to spend trying to redo the skin for vBulletin 4 when I'm just going to have to start from scratch for v5. I may be able to cobble something temporary together which isn't as pretty but at least doesn't have the menu bug, which is why I'm asking. At this stage I think I'd just be replacing it with other worse bugs.

Yes. But get to it when you get to it. I was just looking for an estimate on time. No big deal. The black on black or dark on dark (text in menu's) hard to see.

Ah, ok, I might be able to change menu text colour. I'll stick it on my list to play with.

Timing for the v5 upgrade is primarily waiting for the Stop Forum Spam plug-in to be upgraded - once that's available, I'll do a test upgrade on another server, build the new stylesheet, and then upgrade here. They seem to be dragging their feet.

I think I've cracked it. That better?

Yes, nice one Victoria
Thumbs_Up.gif
, the initial bug I reported IS indeed fixed...

The black text thing which appears in the post preview screen, (see screenshot where the thumbs-up smiley is), still remains!
And occasionally appears elsewhere (but that may be the poster using a black color for thier text).
My workaround is to highlight the text.
70zo.jpg

Let me see if I can track down the preview text then...

Fair enough Victoria, but again, it's nothing tragic, so plant it at the bottom of your "to-do", no rush whatsoever...

I think I cracked that one too

You did indeed Victoria, well done.
Sit back and have yourself a big old mug of coffee and a dunking biccy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back