• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

New app that claims it will migrate from Aperture to Lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal P Anderson

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 9.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
https://cyme.io/avalanche-photo-conversion/
It evidently uses AI to try to match LR sliders to edits made in Aperture. It also moves the easy stuff across. It isn't what I'd call cheap. 59 Euros. I have no Mac, and haven't tried it, but there's a trial version that will transfer 100 images.

I have never used a Mac so don't have first hand knowledge of the inner workings of Apterture, but I'm curious as to how the AI engine in this tool knows what you did to the image in Aperture. Two possibilities come to mind. First, if Aperture stores a copy of the edited version (even a preview of it) the AI engine could deduce what LR changes would get the same result starting from the same original (unedited) file. But, without a sample image representing the target look, the only other thing it could do was, perhaps look at the Aperture equivalent of the history file and map Aperture slider movements to equivalent LR movements. Does anyone know which method this tool uses and if it's any good? I'd love to be able to suggest it to my Aperture clients but first want to understand what it's doing and if folks who have used it are generally happy with the results.

I have never used a Mac so don't have first hand knowledge of the inner workings of Apterture, but I'm curious as to how the AI engine in this tool knows what you did to the image in Aperture. Two possibilities come to mind. First, if Aperture stores a copy of the edited version (even a preview of it) the AI engine could deduce what LR changes would get the same result starting from the same original (unedited) file. But, without a sample image representing the target look, the only other thing it could do was, perhaps look at the Aperture equivalent of the history file and map Aperture slider movements to equivalent LR movements. Does anyone know which method this tool uses and if it's any good? I'd love to be able to suggest it to my Aperture clients but first want to understand what it's doing and if folks who have used it are generally happy with the results.
Aperture works very much like Lightroom. It stores the edits in its library, just like Lightroom stores them in its catalog.

https://cyme.io/avalanche-photo-conversion/
It evidently uses AI to try to match LR sliders to edits made in Aperture. It also moves the easy stuff across. It isn't what I'd call cheap. 59 Euros. I have no Mac, and haven't tried it, but there's a trial version that will transfer 100 images.
Some answers :
https://cyme.io/how-avalanche-uses-machine-learning-to-make-photo-apps-speak-the-same-language/Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back