• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The May 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. There's a brand new slider called Texture, available across the whole family of apps. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Flat Field Correction. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has lots of big improvements including cloud trash, invitation-only web galleries, improved chromatic aberration removal and more. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes. You'll also notice the CC's have disappeared off the end of the names, so we've updated the forum names to match.

New Albums in CC appear as Collections in Classic automatically?

stevevp

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic 8.2 - Desktop CC 2.2 - iPad CC 4.2
Operating System
Windows 10, iOS
As the title. If I create an album in Lightroom CC should it automatically appear as a Collection in Classic? I thought it did but it currently doesn't. All sync settings are on and sync is otherwise working.
Many thanks.

PS This is hopefully a final question following this thread (with thanks to John for his help):

stevevp

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Thanks Johan.
They are actually under "From Lightroom CC". I hadn't noticed either the From Lr Mobile or CC collections folders (I have both). Can I drag a collection out of the folder to the top level collections list or will that break things?

johnbeardy

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Notice the little filter box at the top of the Collections panel - you can filter to see only synced collections.

stevevp

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Can I drag a collection out of the From LR CC folder to the Classic top level collections list or will that break things?

stevevp

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Many thanks Victoria.

Whilst I enjoyed editing on my iPad when travelling, sorting out the result mess when syncing back to Classic probably wasn't worth it! :)