• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

New adobe camera matching profiles for Canon R series cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodbutcher

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 11
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
I'm just starting a new discussion thread for those that have used the 3rd profiles for a while. Just curious to see if you have compared the 3rd party versions to the new Adobe ones in v. 11 of LR Classic. I'm going to test them out this evening and see, but I'm hoping I'm happy with them and will move forward with Adobe's. I'll have to like them a lot to go back and edit a year's work of pictures done with the Color Fidelity ones I was using though.

How are you getting on with them now?

Hello Woodbutcher,
I thought of the same thing, having to go back and reapply the new Adode provided profiles. Then again, I thought, why bother and maybe use the Adobe profiles going forward.

I have to say, for those us not well versed in the creation of camera profiles (or not at all versed), the Color Fidelity profiles were a life saver.

I plan on trying the new ones this coming week.

Kind regards,
Dimitri

I'm not going back to re-edit. I decided that the CF profiles did a great job in the interim. If have to go back to review a file I'll just make the change at that time. I use Auto these days as starting point and I think it does a better job using Adobe profiles. I import using the default Adobe Color and after Auto I choose a profile. Sometimes I stay with Adobe.

I've only played with photos back through September. So far, I think CF was lighter in the shadows, but I like the Adobe. I've modified my import preset to use the new profiles. Overall I'm not going to go back and edit a year's worth of images though. So going forward with the Adobe profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back