• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Never ending syncing quests between LRCC and LRClassic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photocatseyes

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LRCC and Classic 2019
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
  2. iOS
Hi, it does seem like a never ending quest. I use LRClassic on desktop and LRCC on phone. I have a auto-add syncing folder in LRCC for my camera roll. It then goes from there to syncing automatically to desktop. Question: will do LRCC do anything if it is not open on phone? If so, am I correct to state that LRCC on phone has to always be open in the background in order to immediately sync... And in the same thread: when I travel I leave my computer open, is this necessary? Or can I rely on the cloud to keep my originals till I get home and would put on computer... Everytime I assume that I found the perfect workflow I start doubting at a certain time and start doubting again...

Any insight would be appreciated.

Question: will do LRCC do anything if it is not open on phone?
No, the LR app has to be open on your phone in order to fetch the new photos from the camera roll
If so, am I correct to state that LRCC on phone has to always be open in the background in order to immediately sync...
I'm not 100% sure about this, but technically yes, it has to be opened from time to time to sync. The thing is, even if the app is "open" in the background, that does not mean that it's always active as this is controlled by Apple and you don't have any say in the background activity's behavior. As for me, though, I have to say that the sync works very, very well and I've never missed a photo to sync over to LR Classic on my desktop.
And in the same thread: when I travel I leave my computer open, is this necessary?
No
Or can I rely on the cloud to keep my originals till I get home and would put on computer...
Correct. LR CC on your phone uploads the photos from your camera roll to the cloud (into the LR CC ecosystem). Your photos are safe and sound there until you open LR Classic on your desktop/laptop computer and then they'll automatically be downloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back