NEF files won't load to CS6

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I have had to convert my NEF files to DNG to get the "edit in CS6" command in LR4 to work. Wazzup here? I have a friend who uses a PC and does not have that problem. NEF should load directly to CS6-needless to say it is a PITA to have to convert.

If the NEF files are importing into Lightroom then they are supported for your camera, so you should not have a problem. What camera model?
Also make sure you have updated Lightroom to the latest version LR4.3 and that ACR in PS CS6 has been updated to version 7.3.

The NEF file won't actually load into PS6. The process will make a new copy in either PSD or TIFF format, but certainly the function should work with NEF files in the same way that it does with DNG?

This is a decent video showing the process of setting up the appropriate dialogue box in LR. Otherwise you could post a screen grab of your own dialogue box for us to see?

The NEF SHOULD load into PS6 - if you have a matching ACR version, it should open directly into PS and not create the PSD/TIFF until you save.

So is CS6 completely up to date?

Photoshop version won't load?

The NEF SHOULD load into PS6 - if you have a matching ACR version, it should open directly into PS and not create the PSD/TIFF until you save.

So is CS6 completely up to date?

Ok, the version is 13.0.1 x64. I looked quite a bit and could not find a way to check for upgrades.

I went thru a lot of the preference selections, it seems that everything is set correctly.

I changed my profile to show OS is Mountain Lion, does this present a problem to LR 4.3?

fyi the Camera is Nikon D800E and a D800 which is converted to IR. All files are shot in RAW, un compressed, gives 75 meg files.

Last edited:
herb,

Your Camera Raw plugin is the part of PS that needs to be up to date. Mine shows as "7.3.0.71" and passing a NEF to Photoshop works as it should. To find out what version of Camera Raw you have, use the Help/About Plugin/Camera Raw... menu item in Photoshop. To check for updates, use PS's Help/Updates... menu item.

Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back