Need to restore edits to photos !

ipri

Lightroom Version
LR6.14
Operating System
Windows 10
If anyone has a bit time to help me re acquaint my photos with the previous edits I would be grateful. I seem to have lost them, possibly when I was trying to tidy up my file structure.

JohanElzenga

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
You have to be a bit more specific than that. Lightroom stores the edits in its catalog, so it cannot just lose them if you change the file structure. Even if Lightroom loses the connection to the files as a result of your restructuring, the edits should still be there (but the files would show as 'missing'). Did you perhaps create a new catalog and import the images again after the restructuring?

ipri

I am using the same catalogue that I created when I imported the photos into LR that I D/L onto my new PC. The .lrcat files are in the explorer list. Double clicking this does not seem to do anything.

Attachments

JohanElzenga

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
I'm sorry, but these tiny screenshots don't tell me anything, except that you seem to have imported a folder that should not have been imported (your 'backups' folder should only contain catalog backups, not images). That cannot be the cause of the problem, however. Please post a bigger screenshot of Lightroom, that actually shows the problem. And try to explain exactly what you have been doing.