• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Need to convert from lr6to classic and add mobile app for iPad Pro. How connect w existing lr catalog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravJean

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
MB Pro died and may get repaired. If not will convert to iMac for desktop workflow. In the meantime got iPad Pro for travel. Want to move to lr classic but use lr app on the road. (When is full program coming out for iPad?). How do I get existing catalog to sync. Will not have desktop until back from trip and want mobile app to use during trip

IMO, There is not likely to be a full featured LR app for the iPad. LightroomCC for Mobile is designed to integrate with LightroomCC for Macs and PCs using LightroomCC for the cloud. The reason for this is that mobile OS platforms are not robust enough for a full featured image management app like Lightroom. LightroomCC for Macs and PCs is not full featured and will likely take several years before it has the functionality to replace LightroomCC Classic. LightroomCC Classic is the successor to Lightroom 6. The Mac/PC version of LightroomCC, LightroomCC Classic and access to the CC Cloud storage requires the Lightroom CC Subscription

Thx for your reply. So for the interim period of time when I have no desktop, can I still begin my Classic subscription which I understand includes the mobile LR app so I can load raw files to iPad Pro and do some editing? Or does the full program have to be up and actively running for the mobile app to work at all? My plan is to download files w card reader to iPad Pro and at least be able to toss losers. Not fully optimize

Before you begin your subscription, you can install the Lightroom CC mobile on your iPad for free. Without the subscription, you will not have access to the Lightroom CC cloud storage. With the subscription comes the Lightroom CC Desktop, Lightroom Cloud storage and optionally Lightroom Classic CC. You can compare plans here.
I would recommend the Plan that includes Classic as it also gives you Photoshop and all of the functionality (including printing) that you have in LR6.

There is no question I will use classic as that will better approximate my standalone I have used for many years, right? So the mobile app is CC? Will I have the same functionality when I bring raw images from the iPad Pro back into classic subscription when I return from a trip?

Will I have the same functionality when I bring raw images from the iPad Pro back into classic subscription when I return from a trip?
Yes, and any edits from the limited editing capability on mobile will be brought into Classic.
You integrate mobile with classic by syncing the iPad with the cloud. In LR Classic you predetermine where the cloud images are stored locally and once LR Classic has sync'd to the cloud all of you iPad images are included in the classic catalog as well as being stored locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back