Need Recommendations

SouthernChick

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
I'm really in need of recommendations, I know there are a lot of different opinions out there but I'm hoping I can get y'alls feedback to help me decide. I currently have an older laptop (pc) & it's done well for me, but the keyboard is starting to go out & it's about time to upgrade anyway so I'm looking to get something new in August. What I need is plenty of ram for LrC, PS, Bridge, & Ru. I also want room for some music & Word. I am absolutely not a Mac girl. I'm open to a tablet if it has a lot of storage I would love it. My husband was wondering about the Samsung tablet & it looks good on paper but I'm not sure. I've been reading & researching all of the tablets & pc's available, but I'd like to hear from real people what really works for them. Thank Y'all in advance!

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I would start by checking features for tablet and laptop. Not all are available on each. Also look at user interface. Can you do without a mouse? Once that’s done, check the system requirements.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Tablets have their place and purpose, and it may be for you, but they are not a direct substitute for a laptop. I own both and use them for specific reasons. And yes, there are a few folks that only use a tablet, but you should understand their workflow and its limitations before making any decision. Personally, I would get a laptop that meets your needs and if there is money to spare, would buy a basic Apple iPad. In the world of tablets, Apple really has no bad models. I cannot say that about the "affordable" Samsung tablet I bought a few years ago for a trip abroad. My basic iPad runs circles around it in every way. Perhaps Samsung's top models are better, but I was comparing base model to base model. And for the record, I do like my Samsung phones, so I am pretty agnostic when it comes to platforms and manufacturers (Windows computers, Apple tablets, Android phones).

--Ken

Last edited: