• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Need Help with edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurishnikow

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello everyone

I'm Matt and im new, im glad i found this community and i have a question for you.

I was in Vacation and had a setting on my white balance without noticing it.

Thing ist, with some images, i really liked the look of it, but im unable to replicate it in Lightroom. As soon as i open the picture with Lightroom, it resets it to the proper white balance, without giving me a chance to look at the edit my camera made.

I shoot on a lumix gx9 - dont know if thats relevant.

Attached i have a screenshot of my lightroom with the preview of the edited picture and the real picture open.

Thank you so much in advance for ur help!

Attachments

• Edit.JPG
    Edit.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 75
When you see differing colors in the one screen interface (Navigator & Main window) it more commonly means a problem with the monitor profile.
It is not showing you camera vs Lightroom.
Follow the directions in this link to test if this is the possibility.
MONITOR sRGB PROFILE

If you shoot in both raw and JPG, then you may see the JPG different depending if you used 'scene' modes in the camera.

Thank you for your quick answer.

I'm sorry, i forgot to mention, i made a digital copy of the file in order te be able to make this printscreen, the preview is from the copy whitch wasnt corrected by lightroom, the image i have open is the original allready corrected by lightroom.

Assuming it's a raw file, start by changing the Profile pop-up. It's probably defaulting to Adobe Color, but one of the ones named Camera may give you a closer starting point.

As soon as i open the picture with Lightroom, it resets it to the proper white balance
For RAW files, this is normal. White Balance is a development setting. It has been applied by your camera when generating the jpeg image from the captured RAW data. But LrC does now nothing about the WB setting on your camera and apply an estimated WB when it generates the image from the RAW data. Hence the color difference.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question. Unfortunately, i couldnt recreate the look with the WB settings, nor restore it with the color profiles, the ones i have in lightroom didnt resemble the settings my camera was using.

I'll keep trying and will update if i find something out.

You have more controls than just White Balance and profiles-
Also adjust hues in the HSL panel.
Or change some calibration sliders,
Or use some split toning.
It should not be too hard to mimic the colors of the camera-
My quick try to match your small 'navigator' image:
1653868551704.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back