• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Need help restoring my lrlibrary

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfgang_1

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom version 5.4 from the appstore
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
Hi,

so my wife is the photographer in the family.
Accidentally, she deleted her Lightroom Library.lrlibrary file of 70+GBs. It is my understanding that this is only a local cache of what otherwise sits in the cloud. Therefore, it should not be a big problem, as the content would be downloaded and recreated from the cloud.
However, before deleting the file, LR had been complaining that her cloud storage was full (at maybe 20GBs?). So probably the cloud does not contain everything that was in the file.
Now, luckily, we have a backup of the file.
BUT: When we copy it back, LR does not show all its previous content anymore. It only shows some of the pictures (I am guessing, but have no way of knowing: the ones that are stored in the cloud). I also tried opening the file on my Mac in a newly installed version of LR with empty cloud storage. Here, LR does not show anything at all from the library file (I am guessing: because my cloud is empty). So we have a file with 70+GBs worth of LR pictures but LR does not see/use it - or so it seems.
Is there any way to retrieve the backup file's contents or make LR use it directly?
Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back