Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Photoshop CC 19.1.7 release
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have the monthly subscription to Adobe that includes Lightroom LrC and Photoshop. The version provided with my subscription is called Adobe Photoshop CC release 19.1.7
There are two pending updates appearing on the Adobe Creative Cloud Update page for Photoshop Ps v 21.2.4 and v22.1
Do the pending updates apply to the Photoshop I'm using?
It looks like both updates are chronological, ie, v 21.2.4 precedes v 22.1
If these updates are for the Photoshop included with my subscription, should I apply only the latest version or do I need to apply them both in order?

Attachments

• Adobe Photoshop_Release 21dot2dot4 and 22dot1.jpg
    Adobe Photoshop_Release 21dot2dot4 and 22dot1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 165
  • Adobe Photoshop CC_Release 19dot1dot7.jpg
    Adobe Photoshop CC_Release 19dot1dot7.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 179
Photoshop 2020 is version 21
Photoshop 2021 is version 22

If you are happy with how Photoshop 2021 (v22) is running, there’s no need to keep Photoshop 2020 (v21) around. You can use the Creative Cloud desktop application to uninstall v21 and free up that storage space.

When you upgrade to a new major version, there are options that control whether the old version is removed. When it’s set to not delete old versions, you end up with both the old and new ones on your computer.

If you want to keep both, I don’t think it matters which one you update first because v21 and v22 are separate, independent major versions. But in case shared components are updated, if you want to be on the safe side update the older one first.

I like to keep things clean on my computer. That would mean for me to install the latest version of Photoshop (v22.1) and uninstall v19.1.7. If there are critical bugs with the latests version, you can always go back to the last good version using Adobe Creative e cloud Application Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back