• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Need Guidance - Using the Cloud with Photoshop and Lightroom Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjonesmn

cjonesmn
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I'm looking for in-depth instruction for how to do the following across all devices:

1) Import photo to Lightroom Classic on desktop computer
2) Edit and add layers in Photoshop
3) Access and edit that same content (file) via iPad, Desktop, etc.
4) Have that updated content available to all devices

Sounds like this is best done via Adobe Cloud, BUT I prefer using Lightroom Classic (I want to store 95% of my files locally on my desktop).
Is there a tutorial or guide available that would provide detailed instructions on how to set this up with Lightroom Classic?
If so, could you provide a link to that content?

Thank you!

Have you had a read of the Sync chapter in your Missing FAQ book, that should explain how you can do that.

One more question, since you bring Photoshop into the mix - do you need to be able to edit the file in PS on your iPad, or just on the original desktop?

One more question, since you bring Photoshop into the mix - do you need to be able to edit the file in PS on your iPad, or just on the original desktop?
Yes, I'd like to be able to edit with whatever device I have at hand, but most of my "hard-core" editing will be done on my desktop.

To do Lightroom edits, uploading from Classic will be fine. If you need to be able to edit the full resolution (e.g. send to PS on your iPad), you're in a whole other level of complexity because Classic doesn't upload originals unless the originals are already in the cloud and that gets messy.

To do Lightroom edits, uploading from Classic will be fine. If you need to be able to edit the full resolution (e.g. send to PS on your iPad), you're in a whole other level of complexity because Classic doesn't upload originals unless the originals are already in the cloud and that gets messy.
Victoria, I don't really want to "send to PS on [my] iPad". I only need to edit the Cloud file from my iPad... I think what I better do is to first review all of the info in the "Missing FAQ book" and then follow-up after that, unless you can think of a better resource to review this type of sync need.

Good plan. That should give you a good grounding and we can deal with any specifics after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back