Not open for further replies.

kitjv

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Other (please note in thread)
Note: This seems like the most logical subforum for a question on color management. If I erred, please let me know so that I can post it elsewhere.

I have been using an older NEC Eye-One Display 2 sensor to calibrate my NEC P221W display. With the installation of Apple's latest OS (10.15), I needed to upgrade to the latest version of the SpectraViewII 64-bit software (1.1.40). This rendered my old calibration sensor obsolete & non-functional.

Having said that.... I am looking at NEC's latest iteration, namely the MDSV3 sensor. I would appreciate any thoughts on this sensor and/or any preferable alternatives.

Thank you so much.

Kit

I have the same setup as you, but using Windows and version 1.1.40 of the SpectraView. But have the ColorMunki, which as worked fine for many years, so I guess this is not much help to you!?

I am also looking at the X-rite i!Display Pro. From what I understand, it is virtually the same as the NEC version but usable on all displays.

Yes sounds like a good choice. If I need to replace mine in the future that would be a candidate, but I need to be able to create new paper profiles as well?

I have the prior sensor from NEC that came with their Spectraview, and it has always worked very well. I previously had two separate X-write sensors, and was frustrated that they gave quite different results on the same monitor, so bought the Spectraview. It was very close to one, very different from the other (hopefully telling me which was right not that I had two very wrong :( ). I've often wondered how accurate these devices really are -- without multiple of them you can't tell really, unless your eyes are very well calibrated.

But to your original question to the extent relevant, I have had really good luck with the prior version of the NEC sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back