• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Color Grading and improved zoom across the whole Lightroom family, plus graphical watermarks for the cloud-based Lightroom apps, as well as the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Navigating People View

jkrm

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic version: 9.4 [ 202008061458-dbb2971e ]
Operating System
macOS 10.15 Catalina
Yesterday I was trying to help my daughter find some good photos of herself from my Lightroom catalog. I went to "All Photographs", clicked the little People icon in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, and got a page of tiles for recognized people. There were almost 2,000 photos of my daughter. I double-clicked on the tile representing the collection of her photos, and got a screen of confirmed photos of her. Each thumbnail is a close-up of the part of the photo with her face, so naturally she wanted to see the entire photo. Double-clicking on any thumbnail would take us to the loupe view of the photo.

That's great, and exactly what I wanted. But how do I get back to the grid of close-up thumbnails? I searched for some sort of "back" button, but could find nothing. We found ourselves having to go back to the top-level people view, then selecting her, then having to scroll down to where we had left off. With 2,000 photos, that got kind of old.