• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Nav panel doesn't reflect prefiew

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikecox

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I've asked this question before but it's still a problem.

I am currently looking at an image in the Navigator, but it is not the image I am editing. I set the ratio but I can't find the marque in the navigator.

I can't figure out why they aren't the same and I can't seem to force the image I'm editing to display in the Navigator.

Eventually, the navigator let the image I am editing into the Navigator window but I don't know exactly what I did to force that to take place.

For what it is worth this occurs with me from time to time as well.

I seem to remember that it is a known bug.
Either Cletus or Jim should comment on this since they are much much more up to date than I am on the specifics of known bugs and whether they have been sorted or not.

Tony Jay

While it might have been a bug in prior versions, I have not seen it recently. And Windows bugs don't always show up in the Mac version or vice versa.

Pretty sure I've seen a couple of instances of it reported recently. It's one of those fairly rare issues which I guess Adobe have so far been unable to replicate.

I assume a Lightroom restart clears the problem, at least temporarily? If not, have you tried a preferences reset?

Thanks,

The problems only pops up occasionally and it frustrates me only because I can't figure out what to do about it. But, knowing it's not something I can do anything about is good enough for me. In the future, when I'm faced with it, I will just work around it. It does eventually rectify itself on its own.

Rolling over the right thumbnail in the filmstrip is sometimes enough to unstick it too.

I get that reasonably frequently (on Mac). If Victoria's tip doesn't work, try clicking on another image in the Filmstrip, then click on the one you want. That usually works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back