• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

NAS Folders not visible after u/g to V11.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franco330

Lightroom Version Number
v11.0
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I upgraded to v11.0 and my link to NAS (Buffalo LS421DE) which had been working fine, has now vanished from Folders, in fact it is greyed out so I can’t use ‘find missing folder’.

Macintosh HD still there and OK. Checked permissions in OSCatalina OK, tried importing test image set up in NAS using finder. to force recognition of the NAS. Didn’t work. Seems odd and I’m lost for what to do, or where to go next.

Has anyone else encountered this? I would appreciate a steer or any tips to how I might progress this. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

F

Use finder to see if the volume is mounted in the file system. If the file system does not see the volume, LrC can’t either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thx Cletus

I think I have done that successfully but just to be sure LS421...NAS contains Image Masters which I can access happily by this route. Is her something else I should do?

Cheers
F

Screenshot 2021-11-18 at 11.12.41.png

Sorry about delay.

Here is the screenshot. Is this enough? All my images were stored in (NAS) FrancoWorld/.../.. until the last update. I must ≈have inadvertently caused some to move the the FrancoWorld-12 folder (where did that come from?). Once I can get to see the NAS FrancoWorld again, I think I can sort it.

It all worked fine until the update to LR11, so did something change? How does LR find the NAS connection? Does my LR userid need to somehow need to match the username associated with the NAS? Using "find missing folders" always did it for me in the past...

Thx
F
Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 09.52.23.png

I followed through the mount point thread as far as I could and leaned a lot but eventually called AppleCare and then Adobe support yesterday. Both were extremely helpful, Adobe eventually solving the problem. 2x45mins!

Sorry to say that I can't articulate the solution well but it seemed to be in the permissions set in Catalina for LR to see the NAS. Then there was lightbulb moment and importing a file seemed to allow LR to see the NAS.

I am now happily re-imprting the NAS images to the catalog and hope that all the associated EXIF data is attached. In the meantime thank you for the steers which led to good PD and eventually to a solution. (sorry again that it its a bit vague)

If they've solved the permissions, you shouldn't reimport anything. You ideally want to reconnect the folders that are marked as missing. You'll likely be missing some of your edits if you just reimport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back