• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topgardenboy

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
Is it possible to put text onto LRC photos for ie Birds, Animals and Flowers names without using the facial recognition tool?

Yes, of course. Those are keywords.

So if for instance I put Bee Orchid on the photo, it will always stay there when I open the photo, or do I have to manually put it in or recall from somewhere?

Yes I know that, what I meant was is there a way to have it on the image every time I open it, without having to click on the the key word panel. For example if I watermark it and export it the watermark is permanently on that photo if I re import it back into LRC the watermark is still there.

Yes I know that, what I meant was is there a way to have it on the image every time I open it, without having to click on the the key word panel.
If you want it too appear in the Loupe view then you need to select the field in which it is stored in View Options. For example, here is my result for showing 'Title'. I mention this because I don't believe you can (or would want to) show all keywords in Loupe.
1628205831302.png

For example if I watermark it and export it the watermark is permanently on that photo if I re import it back into LRC the watermark is still there.
So embedding the metadata field in an export or print as a watermark is different than viewing it. In order to embed metadata values in the watermark, you need a plug-in. I don't believe LrC does that naturally.

When you Export, there is an option of 'Add to Catalog' which would do the same as an Import unless you wanted to do addition processing on the Import. You can also add it to a Stack which could be useful.

You can add metadata fields to files saved as 'Print to File' in the Print module. Use the 'Photo Info' option in 'Page'. When I print my pictures, I include the file name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back