clee01l

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Well she does have a cousin named Harvey. And it was from him that I learned that Tropical Storm Harvey was headed our way. It seemed ironic at the time. Harvey got stronger and went onto shore a few miles from my Sister in law's beach house. It surely sustained major damage if it is not destroyed.
For 5 days (so far) it has rained at my home in the Houston area My home is at 53' ASL and water has never exceeded 50'ASL in the area. This time it did. On Sunday when water started coming through the doors and walls, My wife and I sought higher ground with a neighbor in a newer home. Water was door ro door and 3 feet deep at the curb. I made several trips bringing supplies from my house to our refuge. My wife got a boat rid across the street. During the day, boats plied our neighborhood.During the night, the water receded revealing the street once again Today (Monday) both the refuge neighbor and I decided to seek alternatives that included electricity. So, for the first time in what seems like ages, I have internet and time for internet. You probably won't see much of me around her for a few weeks as there is considerable demands on my time for the near term. Will need to decide if my home is repairable and probably will need to find temporary lodgings.
I'll be back when I can.

Last edited:
Well she does have a cousin named Harvey. And it was from hime that I learned of Tropical Storm Harvey. It seem ironic at the time. Harvey got stronger and wen into shore a few miles from my Sister in law's beach house. It surely sustained major damage if it is not destroyed.
For 5 days (so far) it has rained at my home in the Houston area My home is at 53' ASL and water has never exceeded 50'ASL in the area. This time it did. On Sunday when water started coming through the doors and walls, My wife and I sought higher ground with a neighbor in a newer home. Water was door ro door and 3 feet deep at the curb. I made several trips bringing supplies from my house to our refuge. My wife got a boat rid across the street. During the day, boats plied our neighborhood.During the night, the water receded revealing the street once again Today (Monday) both the refuge neighbor and I decided to seek alternatives that included electricity. So, for the first time in what seems like ages, I have internet and time for internet. You probably won't see much of me around her for a few weeks as there is considerable demands on my time for the near term. Will need to decide if my home is repairable and probably will need to find temporary lodgings.
I'll be back when I can.
Cletus,

I think you have your priorities right. Good luck with all your challenges. And keep us posted.

Phil Burton

Oh wow, sorry to hear that Clee! We'll be thinking of you!

Indeed we will. Stay safe!

It makes all seem real when it affects someone you know. Stay safe.

Dave

Thank you for letting us know.

There is an Irish blessing “go n-éirí an bóthar leat” which very roughly translates into English “may you have a successful journey”. A translation of a section of this blessing may give a better sense it’s meaning.

May you have a sucessful journey.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
the rain fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of his hand.

Good luck to you and yours!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Good luck and best wishes. I hope you can get things cleaned up as soon as possible and return to a normal life.

How awful for you and your wife, Cletus. I do hope you're able to get life back to normal before too long.

John

Like everybody else said. Stay safe.

Thank you for letting us know.

There is an Irish blessing “go n-éirí an bóthar leat” which very roughly translates into English “may you have a successful journey”. A translation of a section of this blessing may give a better sense it’s meaning.

May you have a sucessful journey.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
the rain fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of his hand.
This (in English) is one of my guides for travels. My wife and I exchange it at the start of my solo trips... Thanks for the reminder.

keep safe mate; don't stay away for too long or this place will getting flooded with unanswered dramas

Cletus even though we have never met and probably never will I really wish to send you my warmest regards from Rome hoping you will manage to get back to normality as soon as possible and yourself and your loved ones all keep safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back