• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

My Nikon D500 photos NEF/RAW cannot be seen on LR 6 Why ? Thanks for helping me out

greta-Philomena

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Buona sera, Good evening

Why is it that I cannot see my nikon d 500 pictures (nef - raw format size : 5588 x 3716) neither on nikon view neither on the new Lightroom 6 program (purchased yesterday)

Both programs are stating that the pictures are not available (= invisible) (not as a catalogue and NOT individually), consequently : I cannot see them, whereas I am able to see my former photos taken with a nikon D800 (also raw/nef but size : 4800 x3200)

What needs to be done ?

Thanking you in advance I wish you a wonderful evening

ciao ciao ciao

greta

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
If you are still on CC2015.0 then you need to update Lightroom to version 6.12 / CC2015.12.
(The D500 needs version 6.5 / CC2015.5 or higher.)
Do not un-install anything.
The Creative Cloud Desktop App should allow you to update.

greta-Philomena

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
If you are still on CC2015.0 then you need to update Lightroom to version 6.12 / CC2015.12.
(The D500 needs version 6.5 / CC2015.5 or higher.)
Do not un-install anything.
The Creative Cloud Desktop App should allow you to update.
Thank you very much for your advice

I updated to LR 6.12 through the cloud
and it WORKS ypppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeee
Thanks again