• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • 21 February 2024 It's Lightroom update time again! See What’s New in Lightroom Classic 13.2, Mobile & Desktop (February 2024)? for all the update news. It's mainly new cameras, new lenses and loads of bug fixes in this release.

My LR doesn't import photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antonio Correia

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
My LR doesn't
1. import photos :mad:
2. doesn't update the folders where the photos are :mad:
3. imports in one folder and then when I move the folder (inside LR, dragging), the photos are gone but moving them back they do appear ! :mad:
4. can't see the photos ! :mad:
5. stuck in the middle of importing :mad:
6. catalogue optimisation stuck somewhere in the middle :mad:

I erased the app with Uninstall and started over with a new download because these problems where happening !

I'm going to try in my MacBook using an external drive.

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 20.55.57.png
Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 21.12.12.png

Thank you for replying Ken. :)
I was not having problems with the previous version.

In the iMac the program has been uninstalled, I will upload it again tomorrow.

However, I have copied the photos to another drive and after 2 hours all seems OK is the MacBook. So far !
Cheers ! (y)

in the MacBook the program stuck when writing metadata !
The LR version is the 13.01
Now... if I upload an older version will I be able to see my photos and everything else ?

Perhaps the issue is with the computer it self...
When trying to upload the previous version ...
Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 00.21.44.png

Yje catalog upgraded from 12.x when 13 came out - the catalog isn't backward-compatible (although your old catalog should still be there)

This sounds more like a computer issue (given it works on your MacBook)

What do you mean it's stuck writing metadata? How many records?

Problems again !
Erased the iMac as if it was to be sold so, everything is supposed to be erased !
-
Images are all in external drives.
Now the program sends me this message when I try to Synchronise the folder and it is not true.
The external drive is where the images are. Not in disk as stated.
-
However, the Mac book works nicely with one difference:
The macOS Monterey is version 12.6.4 while
the iMac is macOS Monterey is version 12.7.1
-
I do not know what to do ! I have one Catalog for all photos and they are 61.241
Thank you for any tip !
Cheers ! :)
Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 21.19.11.png

I think the "importing to" message just indicates that the last time you imported with Move or Copy, the destination folder was on your "Macintosh HD". Next time you import and selecte your external drive (and actually do the import or click the "done" button) you should not get these anymore.

You can also get a similar message if the destination folder specified for LR/Cloud sync images is pointing to a drive or folder not currently present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back