• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

My Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob26

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
ver 9.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
iMac 2010 OSX 10.13.6 Yes I know its old, but interestingly Lightroom 9.2 seems to run very well for me. But I have run into an issue in the Map Module.
I seem to be able to place a mark on the map and drag pictures into it. But have been trying "My Location"
I find a place on the map and then select My Location/ Create /enter an address or location /but nothing happens on the Map neither do I get the white circle as described in the Adobe help for Save Location.
The location is listed in My Location with a small circle dot and arrow.
I guess I am not doing something correct or is it an issue with the iMac.

Rob

I find a place on the map and then select My Location/ Create /enter an address or location /but nothing happens on the Map neither do I get the white circle as described in the Adobe help for Save Location.
The location is listed in My Location with a small circle dot and arrow.
I guess I am not doing something correct or is it an issue with the iMac.

Rob
Rob, I'm not quite following your description about how you create a new entry, but if you click on the arrow alongside the location in the My Locations list that should change the map to the selected location and should show the white circle with centre pin.
FWIW, I create new locations simply by first zooming the map to the required area, then clicking on the "+" on the Saved Locations header. That automatically generates the circle with a default radius determined by the current zoom level of the map. A dialog box is presented which allows me to name the location and place it into an existing folder or create a new folder. The radius of the location can be changed by clicking and dragging on the pin on the circumference of the circle, and the centre of the circle can also be changed by dragging the centre pin to the exact preferred spot.

Thanks for reply Jim. That seems to be the problem. If I create a location via My Locations. I get the small circle and arrow within the My Location window complete with the name but clicking either does nothing to the Map.
If I do a search within the Map module search bar I get a square yellow box on the Map location.
Its seems that the circle is not being generated but I can not work out what I am doing wrong.
Rob

Thanks for reply Jim. That seems to be the problem. If I create a location via My Locations. I get the small circle and arrow within the My Location window complete with the name but clicking either does nothing to the Map.
If I do a search within the Map module search bar I get a square yellow box on the Map location.
Its seems that the circle is not being generated but I can not work out what I am doing wrong.
Rob

So what happens when you click on that "+" on the Saved Locations header? Anything?

Regarding the names of your saved locations, only clicking on the arrow should do anything, i.e. move the map to the location and show the defined circle for that location. If you right-click on the name of the location in the Saved Location panel, and select Location Options, do you then get the dialog box where you can name and set the radius for that location?

The yellow square box is the place-holder for the GPS coordinates for the selected image. An orange box might also appear if you have other photos tagged with GPS values that match the currently shown area of the map, and which are in the filmstrip (i.e. the selected source) but are not individually selected.

Is there a little black dot in the centre of this small tellow box? If so, this just mean that it is the result of your search. White circle only appear whan you select (or create) a saved location. Do we still miss something?

Yes I think we are missing lots. No white circle ever appears. Done lot of Map related things this afternoon. All a failure so I am wondering if the Map module is not compatible with my ageing Mac
If I create a yellow box on the map by searching in the Map Module and then drag photos in it seems to accept them. But if I move away from the Map say into another module or shut down the Mac the picture do not seem to have been saved.
So I must do some more research find out exactly what I can do and post again. Thanks anyway Ill be back
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back