Not open for further replies.

yorkiemom

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Don't know if anyone has has this problem but my display screens go black momentarily (when I have photoshop and bridge open) and then come back and either they have to close because of a problem or photoshop comes back up with a white screen and I have to shut down anyway. I'm trying to test and write down what I've been doing. It happens at least once a day. I know it's not the graphics card because I disabled and it still happens. Not sure if I have many apps open, one is conflicting with another or there is a glitch that hasn't been fixed in Photoshop, etc.

Any ideas. I did google it but nothing has solved my problem.

I'm attaching a file but took with my phone so there are weird things showing up.

Attachments

• IMG_8183.jpg
    IMG_8183.jpg
    905.4 KB · Views: 114
How much RAM does your computer have? How large is is your primary internal drive and how much free space is on it? Just trying to rule both of these out as culprits as you problem solve.

--Ken

I probably should have added that.

I have an Dell i7 machine with 65mg of ram. And my main C drive is almost 280 gb free.

I probably should have added that.

I have an Dell i7 machine with 65mg of ram. And my main C drive is almost 280 gb free.
Thank you. I am assuming that the RAM is 64GB (as installed RAM modules come in multiples of 4/8/16/32). 280 GB should be large enough for an adequate swap file to be created, but I do not know the total size of your drive.

Another easy thing to check is the cable. You can unplug it and re-plug it in to both your computer and monitor to make sure it is connected tightly. This is probably not the issue, but it is good to rule out as it can cause display problems. Also, do you have any other display ports that you can try on your computer? This will rule out a bad port.

Next, have you recently updated any of your software?

Lastly, power down down and re-boot your machine and only open up Photoshop and see if this continues to happen.

These steps will rule out all of the easy stuff that we tend to overlook, but can often be the culprit. If the problem still persists, post back.

--Ken

Last edited:
Well it's been about 4 days now and I might have found the problem because it isn't happening again. Tested Photoshop etc. I decided to find out if there were any problems with black screens using Chrome for my browser and they have problems. So I went back to Firefox and it hasn't happened since. We shall see in the following week if it reverts back but so far it hasn't happened. I haven't done any other changes so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back