• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

My desktop Lightroom switched to mobile???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nico3d

Adventures' collector
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hi Guys,

I was working with Lightroom today and suddenlly I got a Windows system message that I was running low on disk space. I had been doing pretty memory intensive work (big panorama merge in LR) so I decided to close it to free up the disk space.
Now, when I opened LR again, for some reason I have no idea about, it switched to Lightroom Mobile....... I want to go back to normal LR, but I can't find a way...

why did this happen and how should I go back to normal LR???

I'm using Windows 7. LR 6.1

What do you mean with 'it switched to Lightroom Mobile'? Lightroom Mobile is a tablet app...

that's exactly what it means. I was using LR normally, desktop LR, which I thought it was the only one I had, then did what I described and when reopening, for some unknown reason, it now shows LR mobile CC2015 !! on my laptop computer. I'm clueless.....

Where exactly does it show that? There isn't a version of Lightroom Mobile which runs on the desktop, so I suspect you're just talking about a different look in the Identity Plate area. In which case, right-click on that Identity Plate and change the selection from "Lightroom mobile" to "Lightroom".

I see. that is exactly what happened, I used to have plate with my name on it and all of a sudden it switched magically to Lightroom mobile upon restart, plus, it also restarted with a guided tour. Also, the program that I had set up as a secondary editor (Autopano Giga) disappeared. It seems as though LR reset itself, but I have no clue how that could've happened since everything was operating normally and I didn't do anything other than closing it when the C: drive was overflowing.

Functionality seems identical though, but it keeps asking me to sign it and sync

Any clues?

What version are you running: LR6.1 or LRCC2015.1?

Have you tried to change the ID Plate as I suggested earlier?

Can we have a screenshot of the dialog that "keeps asking you to sign in and sync"?

attachment.php
this is it. I used to have my plate and when this happened, it switched to this...... I changed it now, as you suggested. When I went into the settings, personalized, I found my original one, the one with my name.
So, I suspect that LR somehow got reset to its defaults, but why? Could that initial "low on memory" sign be the reason? I was using the new panorama merge function when that happened.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 340
Last edited by a moderator:
I would guess that somehow the preferences file wasn't correctly written back to disk when you closed LR after the system warning, so that on next restart of LR it couldn't find it so created a new file....so all your previous settings were lost. That would explain why you got the "guided tour", why you lost the plug-in, why the ID plate was back to default.

It happens occasionally, but I don't think anyone has ever been able to determine the exact circumstances that would lead to the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back