• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • We are delighted to announce that Single Sign On has just gone live, so you'll no longer have to remember multiple login details for this site. Most existing passwords have been carried over, but if your password doesn't work, you can reset it using the Lost My Password link. Your current forum username is Guest. You're welcome to choose your preferred username here.

music filing system

Hal P Anderson

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
I use MusicBee on Windows, and I'm pretty satisfied with it. If you're on a Mac, I can't help you except to suggest that you Google "mac music library organizer".

tspear

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
I found MusicBee super powerful but has a horrible UI design, is very confusing and somewhat frustrating.
I use MediaMonkey to organize my library, and Dopamine as my regular player.

Tim

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Ferguson

Linwood Ferguson
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Calibre is an interesting choice as it will let you put most any kind of file there (not just books). It doesn't DO much with anything but books, but you can edit, search change metadata, etc. It tends to work nicely for anything with titles, authors, etc. I use it for scanned-in sheet music, also keeping midi files along with the pdf's when I have them.

tspear

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Interesting, I use Calibre to manage my eBooks. Never thought about it for music.

Tim

Chris Wimlett

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
I've used JRiver Media Centre cataloguing and playback for a number of years and have always been happy - it can play just about any audio or video file and has very powerful tagging and editing features.

Old post, I know but have a serious look at MediaMonkey (dot com). Not sure there's anything you can't do with it for music file collections!

mike612937

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
anyone know of a system such as LR but for music files, mp3, flac, shn etc
mike doyle, half a year ago, our company, that specializes on photo-services, asked and our managers asked themselves - how much does it cost to make a website , that will be with integrated online app that will be very similar to Lightroom app. And nowadays, what I know for sure - it is really expensive thing to develop :)

Last edited by a moderator: