• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Multiple LR Galleries -possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robertr

I like the galleries in Lightroom - both HTML & Flash. I'd like to be able to have a couple of separate galleries - and run them from the same page created in Dreamweaver. The base page for websites is usually index.htm/html.
When I create a gallery in lightroom the page it creates is also 'index'. Obviously this will overwrite my main home page. I've tried renaming the gallery created page - and any others I could find in the folder when I export the gallery from LR. The pages work with the exception of Index.
I've tried numerous sites for an answer - no luck. I can't believe I'm the only one trying to run several LR galleries from the a Dreamweaver created home page.
Any somebody please point me in the right direction?
Sorry it's such a basic question.
I have access to Dreamweaver MX 2''4 and Flash 2''4.
Thank you - first post to this forum - all help/ideas greatly appreciated!
Robert

Robert,

The best solution is to put each gallery into its own folder, then link to the galleries from your main index page. See my TTG Gallery Index or TTG Mediabox Index for examples of this. The sample galleries on each page demonstrate what you're talking about.

Cheers,
Matthew

Thank you Matthew!

That's just what I wanted. I think I was doing my usual trick of making things too complicated. I've given it a try and it works a treat!
Regards,
Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back