Multiple Installer files in lightroom - Can you help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pryce56

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
For some unknown reason I have multiple (over 30) installers on my LR6.2 interface when i open source. They are a pain and in the way. I cannot find them in finder and they cannot be deleted directly from LR. Can anyone help with this?
Here is the screen shot. The interesting thing is that the date of all of the installers is 2013 which is a full 2 years before I installed this version of LR

asset.php.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 9.14.02 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 9.14.02 PM.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 293
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome to the forum,

Looks like one of your software updates left a bunch of Installer volumes mounted.

I would check for these "Installer" volumes in Finder. They should appear in any Finder window sidebar under the devices section. If they are there also you can eject them all and then they should not appear in the Import dialog.

If they are not in the sidebar then try opening Disk Utility and see if they show up there.

If that doesn't work try rebooting your system.

-louie

As the OP already mentioned, they are not in the Finder (so they won't be in the sidebar either). I also can't imagine that the OP has over 30 'disks' mounted without seeing that in other software. I would indeed reboot first, and if that doesn't help you need a utility that can show you the contents of invisible folders, such as 'File Buddy'. At the root of your hard disk there is an invisible folder called 'Volumes'. It seems that some poorly written installer may have left a bunch of aliasses in that folder.

Delete these?

Thank you Louis. It does appear that there are multiple copies of Installer in my disc utility. It looks like you have found my problem.
However I am nervous about deleting them. There really should be no other installer files on my computer so can I ask you to look at this and let me know if I am safe to delete all of these.
Thanks again for your help.
Bonnie

asset.php.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 8.54.04 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 8.54.04 AM.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 323
Last edited by a moderator:
Try the reboot first Bonnie

Thank you everyone. It turned I was able to clear out the multiple installer files using Malwarebytes. Apple help was excellent. Adobe was not!

I'm glad that you resolved the problem.

Thank you everyone. It turned I was able to clear out the multiple installer files using Malwarebytes. Apple help was excellent. Adobe was not!

No surprise here as the problem was in your computer not Lightroom. Lightroom just made it visible.

-louie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back