Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce J

Photographer
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
As I mentioned in a previous thread, I use LR to print proof sheets on double-sided paper. Thus, I print all of the odd-numbered pages, then turn the stack over and print all of the even-numbered pages. In the Print module, I have to request a print for each page separately. I can continue to do this as fast as the dialog box clears, thereby not having to wait until the page is generated and spooled before requesting the next page.

Here's the problem. With LR 1.2, each page gets sent to the print spooler as soon as it is rendered, NOT in the sequence in which it was requested. So, if my last page only has a couple images on it, it gets rendered and printed before several of the previous pages, ruining the sequence in my double-sided printing. To avoid this, I have to baby-sit the printing process, waiting for each page to render before requesting the next. This is a major nuisance.

I really, really want a mechanism for easily printing to double-sided paper in the proper sequence.

Geoff,

I put in a feature request today, although I don't hold out much hope for seeing a change anytime soon. I think I must be the only LR user who tries to print on double-sided paper or who cares about print sequence.

Bruce J;179' said:
Geoff,

I put in a feature request today, although I don't hold out much hope for seeing a change anytime soon. I think I must be the only LR user who tries to print on double-sided paper or who cares about print sequence.

Bruce - there is a great saying "always look on the bright side of life" :lol::lol:
I am sure you are not the only one, I guess there are just other requests/options that have been given a higher priority at the moment. We all want so much and LR is only version 1 - demanding lot aren't we!!:cheesy::cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back