Not open for further replies.

Wendy Whyte

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi
I want to be able to filter my photos on more than one keyword, for example, all leopards seen in Africa. If I click on the RHS of the keyword "leopards" it displays the African ones and ones I've seen elsewhere. Is there a way I can select the two keywords "leopard" and "Africa"?
Thanks in anticipation
Wendy

Hi Wendy, welcome to the forums,
You can do this using the Library Filter Bar, which is located along the top of the Library in Grid view. If you don't see it press the back-slash key ( \ ). Select the Text field, and choose Keywords for your search criteria. For more info on this you can view Adobe's Help Guide. How to find photos in a catalog in Lightroom

A Smart collection on Keywords with two criteria. And the Match criteria = [All} will do this:
Match {All}
{Keywords}{ Contains}{leopard}
{Keywords}{ Contains}{Africa}
If you want to exclude those in the Cairo Zoo, then it would be:
Match {All}
{Keywords}{ Contains}{leopard}
{Keywords}{ Contains}{Africa}
{Keywords}{ Does not Contain}{Cairo} or {Keywords}{ Contains}{!Cairo} (with the ! standing in for the condition "not" when the SQL query is constructed.
For:
Match {All}
{Keywords}{ Contains}{leopard Africa} The space between "leopard" and "Africa" becomes {leopard OR Africa} when the SQL query is constructed. and any image containing either "leopard" or "Africa" will be selected.

Many thanks to frozenframe and clee01, I like both solutions but the SmartCollection has more potential so will try it.
Thanks again. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back