• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Moving presets to LRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkinpgh1

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LRM 7.02
Operating System
  1. iOS
I’ve been reading that presets can be transferred from LR Classic to LRM automatically but, I’m not certain of the steps to do that. I have downloaded DNG presets onto my iPad Pro without going thru LRC.

What steps do i need to take to load them into LRM - nor are they showing up on LR that i have on my iMac.

Thanks,
Don

You mentioned you put the DNG's in your iPad, but you didn't mention actually turning those into presets? Or what format are the presets you're trying to install?

I followed the vendor’s instructions & loaded the dng file into LRM as a picture, then clicked on it and it ended up in the preset folder.

The other presets loaded into LRC are xmt files (I’m not at the computer and can’t verify the exact file type now, but they weren’t dng.

Those are the ones that did not automatically transfer to either LR desktop or LRM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The XMP format ones, you'd need to follow the instructions in the link above to add them to the desktop version (not Classic) and then they'll sync to LRM.

Solution
The XMP format ones, you'd need to follow the instructions in the link above to add them to the desktop version (not Classic) and then they'll sync to LRM.
Finally made the time to follow the instructions. I was reading the Adobe Lightroom Edit Like a Pro and must have overlooked the direction to import the .xmp presets into Lightroom (not LRC). Got things cleared up. Thanks.

Great thanks for the update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back