• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Moving pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkiemom

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 10.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
How do I, without having any problems, have Lightroom link to my pictures on another drive instead of where it is seeing them now. LR is using the photos on a drive that isn't up to date and I don't have my 2021 photos. The whole list in on a D drive. Can I go into catalog settings and just change the location there? It's been a while so I forgot if it would cause a problem or not.

Right-click on the top folder in the Lightroom folder panel and choose ‘Update Folder Location’. Choose the new location in the dialog that follows. You may have to do this for each top folder if you not have one single top folder.

It worked but I'm missing a folder "2021" that shows under My Pictures on D but it's not showing up in LR. Does this mean I have to now import each of those pictures again?

It worked but I'm missing a folder "2021" that shows under My Pictures on D but it's not showing up in LR. Does this mean I have to now import each of those pictures again?
That might be the case, but before you do you could check by looking fir one of its images in Lightroom.

Use the Text filter in Grid View:
2021-07-13 16_46_11-Window.png

Exactly, you can easily search on file name, you do not have to know the folder for that. If Lightroom finds it, then you’ll know that this image is somewhere in the catalog, and most likely the other images in that folder will be too. The next thing to do is select that photo, and then choose ‘Photo - Go to Folder in Catalog’. Lightroom will now show you where its folder is in the catalog.

I see my 2021 folder but I cannot see it or find anything when searching. Says not found. All my files seem to be in LR except for 2021. I can't figure it out yet.

Well I imported my 2021 photos and they are all whited out. Actually all my pictures are whited out. Not sure why.
Then I quit Lr and went back in later and they were there...but others were missing in other folders (with a question mark)... Do I have to import the whole catalog again or is there an easy fix. I used to have 45,000 + and now it sows 27,000+. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back