• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Moving photos from pc to mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickdunlop

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic CC 2019
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I recently changed from a PC to a MAC and I can’t figure out how to move my photos over to the MAC. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you get the move accomplished ok Rick?

No. I need to restart the question.
I had a PC forever and was diligent in backing up to external hard drives or to cds/dvds. I recently changed to an iMac and can not figure out how to load all my backed up pictures onto my Mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is a Migration Assistant fore Windows that you can down load from Apple to use Migration Assistane to set up your Mac.
Other wise the “Moving LR to a new Computer “ blog article covers the basics.

There is a Migration Assistant fore Windows that you can down load from Apple to use Migration Assistane to set up your Mac.
Other wise the “Moving LR to a new Computer “ blog article covers the basics.
Thanks.
I found the problem.Just so happens that the disk I was trying to download from was corrupted. When I used another disk it loaded just by importing like any other file.

another disk it loaded just by importing like any other file.
You said "importing". You should never need to import your images again when moving from one computer to the next. If you read the blog article about moving to a different computer it describes relinking your master catalog file with your master images in their new location,

Tell me that you did not reimport your images into a new catalog and now have to start over.

I’m loading files created as backups on a pc to a Mac. Got it done but now am creating collections on the Mac. It’s going pretty well. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back