• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Moving my Lightroom catalog to a new 2nd internal HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

theMusicMan

Hi All

Now... I appreciate that as a keen and long term Lightroom user I should really know how to do this, but nonetheless I wanted to get expert opinion and advice just in case I get something wrong.

I simply want to move my current 20GB Lightroom 4 catalog, which resides on my MacbookPro internal 350GB HDD, to the second internal 750GB HDD I have installed in place of the DVD Optical drive.

I have all my images backed up, and have backed up the LR catalog too... so how do I go about moving the entire catalog please?

Many thanks

Just move the .lrcat file and the previews database alongside. (Always safer to copy, test, then delete the original.)

Double-click the new copy to open it. If you have Lightroom configured to always open the most recent catalog, that'll do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back