• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Moving LR photos from iPhone to LR classic on a MacBook with no internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave sproul

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic Ventura 12.2.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 13 Ventura
  2. iOS
From sunny Tucson AZ USA, a 87 year old would like to know how to move photographs from LR mobile on an iPhone 8 plus (OS 16.4.1) to the to LR classic (12.2.1) on a MacBook Pro OS Ventura 13.3.1 with a external RAID-HD without using the internet.

Would prefer a direct cable solution and a Bluetooth solution. Please provide clear , concise steps or link(s) to same

Some times I am in locations for several days with no internet connection and I want to transfer the iPhone LR app photo’s in the evening to my computer for review processing.

I have cables to directly connect the iPhone and MacBook Pro.

Just connect the phone to the computer and unlock it. Lightroom will see it like any other camera.

Just connect the phone to the computer and unlock it. Lightroom will see it like any other camera.
Except it will only see photos in the camera roll, not those in LR mobile, so you'd have to export to the camera roll first.

Right! I overlooked the fact that they were in Lightroom Mobile, not the camera roll. You can’t download from Lightroom mobile via a cable, so you do need to export first. The drawback is that I don’t think that Export ‘as original’ will include the edits in metadata, so if you want to transfer proprietary raw files then that will not work (unless you accept losing edits). Export as DNG should include edits if I’m not mistaken.

Since you have a subscription to the Photography plan, you have 20GB of Adobe Cloud storage (where your Lightroom Mobile photos are stored.) It is not that difficult to manage an internet/Adobe Cloud transfer. Ultimately this is far easier than any of the other non internet methods proposed. If you are willing to learn, this 76 year old is willing to teach you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back