• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Moving files inside LR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
4.x
Hi,
First I'll outline my HD-configuration on my Photo-Workstation;
  1. a OS Samsung-SSD drive (250 Gb)
  2. a Project WD-SSHD (4 Tb), intended for photos that do not quite been fully processed
  3. and a RAID-5 configuration (7 Tb), intended for photos which are fully processed
Does anyone have a solution within a LR (batch) move to another drive / folder.

With regards, Martin
the Netherlands

1. In the LR Folder panel, click on the (+) on the right side of the Folder panel header.
  2. From the context menu, choose "Add Folder"
  3. In the dialog that opens, navigate to an existing folder on the other (new) drive.
  4. Once this folder appears in the folder panel, drag existing folders from the existing location in the folder panel to this added folder.

1. In the LR Folder panel, click on the (+) on the right side of the Folder panel header.
  2. From the context menu, choose "Add Folder"
  3. In the dialog that opens, navigate to an existing folder on the other (new) drive.
  4. Once this folder appears in the folder panel, drag existing folders from the existing location in the folder panel to this added folder.
I intended to name the folders, with the images in 'Progress', Projects, subfolder; LR-Projects_YYYY_MM_DD. On the 'Archive-drives' the hierarchy will be Pictures, subfolder; LR-Pictures_YYYY_MM__DD.
The method you propose, the moved the folder to a new destination. But I want to move the images within a folder to new destination.

With regards, Martin

You can do that too. In addition to the Add folder option there is an "Add Subfolder" option as well. You can create the complete hierarchy in the LR folder pane then select individual groups of images and drag them to the folder where you want them moved. LR will then move these images

You can do that too. In addition to the Add folder option there is an "Add Subfolder" option as well. You can create the complete hierarchy in the LR folder pane then select individual groups of images and drag them to the folder where you want them moved. LR will then move these images
Thank you.
This advice will probably solve my problem.
With regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back