jerry12953

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi,

I think I've read that LR's catalogue should be stored on an SSD rather than on one of the storage drives to enable faster access to it.

Would this be correct, and if I decide to do it, is there anything I should be careful to do or not to do?

Hi,

I think I've read that LR's catalogue should be stored on an SSD rather than on one of the storage drives to enable faster access to it.

Would this be correct, and if I decide to do it, is there anything I should be careful to do or not to do?

I don’t think it is that important. The internal SSD should have slightly better performance than the internal HDD. External disk drives of either type will have their performance dependent upon the bandwidth of the connection to the Motherboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because some people confuse catalog with images: it is more important to store the catalog (database) than it is to store the images on an SSD. Whether it will make a noticeable difference though is a different matter, primarily it may be faster browsing the library in grid mode; develop mode is not very disk intensive and where most people complain about speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back