malcolmsu

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I've just changed the mouse on my PC. For years I've stuck with Microsoft mice and keyboards but this time I've jumped ship and purchased a Logitech MX Master 3. After using it for a couple of days I'm really impressed. I particularly like that you can set up specific buttons for specific things in certain programs. So I have the back and forward buttons do undo and redo in LR for example.

However, I've got a specific problem in Lightroom just now that I cannot resolve. It's difficult to explain but it's like the left click is sticky - not the button itself but the software is not releasing the left click action. For example, if I click the exposure slider and drag it to where I want it to be keeping my finger on the left button then releasing it at the exposure I want. If i then move the mouse to the next adjustment, it's as if I've still got hold of the exposure slider and it continues to move destroying the exposure setting I had.

It's as if the mouse and the slider are still active. To get around this I have to click on the slider again to keep it in the position I want.

Is there a setting in Lightroom that makes this happen? Or is the mouse faulty?

The Microsoft mouse I had broke so I cant go back to that.

Solution
I'm going to answer my own question I think.! I discovered an option in the Windows mouse configuration, under additional mouse options that allows you to make the mouse click sticky or locked on. I had that set. All good now.
I'm going to answer my own question I think.! I discovered an option in the Windows mouse configuration, under additional mouse options that allows you to make the mouse click sticky or locked on. I had that set. All good now.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-20 154516.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-02-20 154516.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 152
Solution
Thanks for updating with the solution, then it can be helpful for others!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back