• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

More questions about "offline grace period"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judith Nicholls

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I just switched from PS CS6 and LR V6 a couple of weeks ago. Of course I knew that one had to log in occasionally to keep using the rental products, but I did not know what a nightmare it apparently can be... After all, hundreds of photographers travel, and often to really remote places... I read the November 2019 thread, but it still didn't answer all of my questions.

The first question is can you really force PS and LR and Bridge to connect. I normally use a desktop and would not have thought that I need to turn on my notebook before a trip and do something... What that something is is not clear. The November thread says log into the adobe account (that seems to be automatic?) and USE all the products. But it is not clear from Adobe's words that that will actually connect. It says they will connect every 30 days. So I could imagine leave town on day 29 and find myself hunting for internet and until I find it be unable to use my tools. So my first question is will using them actually cause a check and connection?

I also checked that my notebook computer is not set to change time zones. Surely Adobe could solve THIS problem!

I also see I better get an annual subscription. I would have, but I could only get a trial at all if I selected something and I selected month by month... Now I think I'm in this until I die, so despite some serious issues on my desktop (but solid on my much less capable notebook computer), I need to go to annual so I have more days.

What else might I be missing so I can have as worry-free travel as I used to enjoy...

Thanks!

I THINK I have read on this forum that you can go 90 dates with out worry. It is hard to be anywhere in this world that is 90 days from an internet connection. Even if you go beyond the cutoff, you only lose some of the functionality.

If I were planning and extended trip into the wilderness my bigger worry would be reliable electricity not internet. And before such an extended trip, I would contact Adobe about alternatives to a suspended license.

As to forcing them to connect, once you are sure you have an internet connection one way that I think is sure fire is to log out of the adobe app and log back in. This is risky of course, as if you somehow lose the connection you immediately become unauthorized.

Hopefully someone may have a better answer for that.

30 days with monthly payments. 99 days if you pay annually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back