• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Module Highlighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JimS

While using Lightroom today, I noticed when I move my cursor over the modules "Library", "Develop", etc. I no longer have the background highlight effect?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Hi Jim

Welcome to Lightroom Forums!

It's probably a silly question, but have you tried restarting the computer? It never fails to amaze me how many weird problems that fixes!

Hi Jim

Welcome to Lightroom Forums!

It's probably a silly question, but have you tried restarting the computer? It never fails to amaze me how many weird problems that fixes!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I haven't rebooted the computer but did restart Lightroom a couple of times. I'll reboot later today and let you know.

Thanks again!

Edit: Just noticed your signature Victoria. I'll update mine with system specs later this evening.

Thanks Jim - system specs always help us give specific advise, so they're well worth keeping up to date.

Let us know how you get on with the reboot, and then we'll come up with a few more ideas if that doesn't work!

Thanks Jim - system specs always help us give specific advise, so they're well worth keeping up to date.

Let us know how you get on with the reboot, and then we'll come up with a few more ideas if that doesn't work!

No luck on the reboot. Argh! Any other advice appreciated. :)

Jim, you should probably add system information to your signature as well. We still don't know what operating system you're using. LR 1.2 has several compatibility issues with Mac OS X 1'.5 Leopard, for example. If we knew your system specs, we'd better be able to troubleshoot for you.

Will do on the signature... ordering a new laptop at the moment.

WindowsXP Pro | 2gb ram | 1.5TB HDD(s) - Not sure on the processor at the moment? Bought the computer last year. Plenty of memory to run Lightroom and one browser open (Firefox, of course) ;~)

Thanks for the help and I really enjoy your blog.

JimS

Well, for a start, back everything up and install the new 1.3 update that's just been released! Never know, it might fix it!

Ok, next things I would try are:

1. Start a new catalog and see if it works. If it does, that narrows it down to a catalog issue.

2. Duplicate the preferences file and save it somewhere safe, and then delete the proper one. Restart and see if it works. If it does, it was a preference or a corrupted preference.

3. If not, we'll guess some more!

Started a new catalog and now it's working. So obviously my catalog is corrupt, correct?

This is my master catalog which has been backed up but I'm not sure restoring will solve the problem? I have tried relaunching and optimizing too with no luck. Also, there's about 7,8'' photos in the catalog.

I'm trying to remember exactly when this first occurred and the best I can remember was after I made some minor changes to my Identity Plate.

Thanks for the help!

Ok, how about now using the Import Catalog command, and importing them into that new working catalog. Don't throw the old catalog away just in case you want to retrieve anything later, but the Import/Export Catalog commands take all of the data.

Just figured it out!

I went back into the Identity Plate setup (Edit > Identity Plate Setup) and noticed that the two color boxes on the right side (where it says - choose a complimentary typeface for the module picker buttons) - down at the bottom you have a font type, size, color, etc. drop-down boxes. Just to the right of that are the color boxes. The left box adjusts the color of the module you're working in and the right adjusts the dormant module colors. Simple as pie, huh? :mrgreen:

For future reference, the right side color box default settings (gray) are as follows:

Hue - 16'
Sat - '
Lum - 144
Red - 153
Grn - 153
Blu - 153

Thanks again for the help and quick replies!

Have a great weekend everyone!

JimS
<><

Nice detective work Jim! Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back