clee01l

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I have a Publish Service for my HD If I drag new images to the Service, they go in the "New Photos to Publish" queue. Once I publish them they go into the "Published" queue. If I mark a photo fre republish, It goes into the "Modified Photos for Republish" queue. If I do 'Publish again, Some photos get stuck in the "Modified Photos for Republish" queue and I can't get them out.
Once I seem to have a "Re-Publish" que in my Service. Sometimes a new photo published goes to "Published" then immediately goes to "Re-Publish" with out any change on my part.

I first experienced this with Jeffrey Freidl's beta Flickr plugin and thought it was a bug in the beta plugin. Now that I can reporduce this with the Published services that shipped with LR3 I'm thinking it might be a bug in LR3.

Can anyone else reproduce this?

I also experienced the problem that images go from "Publish" to "Modified - Need to be Republished" without any modification on my behalf. I might have visited the "Develop" module for one of the images, but didn't do any changes.

Since I don't have a Flickr Pro account, I cannot simply "publish" the images again to reset them to their original and accurate "Published" status again. I'd lose all comments people made.

Is there any way -- I even consider using a binary editor on the catalog file -- I can reset the status of the "Modified" images back to "Published"?

Did no one have a solution to this issue? I'm in the same boat with a standard Flickr account. If I revisit an image, often to turn off sharpening temporarily for a TIFF export, the image appears in the republish section of my Flickr photostream. I'm now back to uploading images to Flickr from within the website because I can find no way of removing things that don't need republishing. Surely a right-click menu option or select/delete would be possible to give control back to the user?

This frustrates me a little also. I recently submitted a feature request to Adobe asking for an "Unmark for Republish" feature, and I recommend you do likewise....the more requests for a particular feature I guess the more chance of it happening.

There is a link to Adobe's official feature request site at the top of the page.

This frustrates me a little also. I recently submitted a feature request to Adobe asking for an "Unmark for Republish" feature, and I recommend you do likewise....the more requests for a particular feature I guess the more chance of it happening.

There is a link to Adobe's official feature request site at the top of the page.
It's a bug. (not a feature ;-) I submitted a bug report not long after my original post. I have not tested this since v3.3 came out. If it still persists, please submit another bug report too.
There is a flag in one of the database tables that needs to be turned off when an image from the "Republish" queue gets Published again. I finally updated the table myself to clear the queue.

I'll definitely put in a request as suggested. If it's just a flag update then it's surely not a difficult job to make republishing optional. I've got three images stuck in there at the moment and the feature is unusable.

Here's a Link to an Adobe Forums topic about the problem. It also has a solution to fix the database table to correct the problem (If you are comfortable with SQL queries and want to update the table that is not being updated correctly by LR)
http://forums.adobe.com/message/3270745?tstart=0#3270745

I am willing to walk anyone through the fix if you want to take matters into your own hands.

Step1: Make a Backup copy of your current catalog...

Hello. I've posted this on a similar thread. Maybe this could also help you.

I had a similar problem and I think I've just figured a way to solve it…
I had 5 photos “stuck” on the “New Photos to Publish” section. They were all JPEGs. On a “dumb” collection they would publish, but not on a “smart” one. I tried to solve this via SQL Queries (http://forums.adobe.com/message/3270745?tstart=0#3270745) but I couldn’t.

I figured that the smart collection has a bug regarding the file names. The problem was worse than I thought: some photos were not being published but were in the “Published Photos” section!

For example, one of the five photos “stuck” on the “New Photos to Publish” was P1010009.jpg. I did a “text” filter with the file name (P1010009.jpg) and found two photos: the one stuck and the allegedly published one. When I went to my export folder (c: user/pictures/) on I found neither of them! After fiddling around with LR, I think I solved it. Here is what to do:

You need to do this for EACH of the photos “stuck”

1. Go to the “Published Services” that’s giving you trouble.
2. Select the first photo and look at the file name.
3. Type the file name in the “Text” filter above.
4. You will see the “stuck” photo in the “New to publish” section and another (different) photo in the “Published Photos” section.
5. You need to modify something on the “Published Photo” one. (I just clicked the “Green Label” button).
6. The “Published” photo will then go to a section called “Modified Photos to Re-Publish”
7. Hit the “Publish” button and you’re done!

For a couple of photos I had to do the procedure more than once. If it doesn’t work, try “modifying” (adding a color label) to the photo stuck as well.

After you are done, you can remove any unwanted color label and the photos should republish without problems.

That’s what I did and that solve MY problem. I hope this works for you. Hopefully Adobe will fix this because it is a great feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back