• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Publish Services Modified Photos to Re-publish management aid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Califdan

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 8.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi,

I am a heavy user of Publish Services with several hundred Publish Service Collections (none are of the "smart" type). In almost all situations, any particular image may appear in a dozen or more of these Publish Service Collections. Although some Publish Service Plugin's have some controls over what constitutes an image change, many don't and even the ones that do don't always work as well as I would expect. I am wondering if anyone knows of a plugin that can be used to manage these "Modified Photos to Re-publish" images? In particular, what I'd like to see is

1) on an image (or set of selected images), be able to use one click (perhaps in the context menu for that image or from the Plugin-extras menu) to re-publish those images in all PS's in which they appear in the Modified segment. So, for example, If I change the title of an image or adjust something in the Develop Module, I would like to click something to push the new version of that image to all PS's in which it participates. Or, after changing the titles on a set of images, select those images and do the same thing.

2) Be able to generate a grid of images (most likely a temporary collection) which contain all the images that appear in the "modified" sections of any publish service. Would be great if the grid display were segmented by publish service collection and even better also include segments for images appearing in "New to Add", and "To Delete" segments as well. In other words a single collection that showed the status of all images needed PS attention.

3) As an add on to #2, once this collection is created, allow me to select a bunch to "Mark as up to date", select another bunch to "publish".

Anyone know of a plugin with these or similar capabilities?

thanks -- Dan

Jeffrey Freidl's Publish Service plugins offer some management of events that trigger a republish. I know of nothing that is ideal.

Clee,

I already use several of Jeff's plugins. One of them (Publish all collections in selected PS) offers a taste of what I think is needed but as you noted not really the functionality I think is needed.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back