• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! New cameras (including the Canon R5/R6), lens profiles and bug fixes, and the ability to disable built-in lens corrections for specific new cameras. Here's the usual list

Mobile phone folder and synched photos

thommy

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic version: 7.2
Operating System
Windows 10
Hi

I would like to understand how I can see all my synched smart phone photos in one place (folder or collection) in Lightroom Classic on my computer .
When I used my old smart phone, Samsung SM-A300FU, as you see below, a folder was initailly created when I synched my photos from my Samsung (I guess).
And I could see all my smart phone photos in that folder.
I have now replaced the Samsung with an iPhone and installed LR Mobile app and all photos synched to LR Classic.
How can I make LR understand that I want an iPhone folder showing me all photos synched to LR classic?
Not sure where the folder "Other Lightroom CC Device" comes from? And the 68 photos it is said to contain doesn't show up (it says, no photos in selected Folder).
This folder point to C:\Users\Thommy\Pictures\Lightroom\Mobile Downloads.lrdata where I know the are subfolders containing images from both my Samsung and iPhone.

1522660407664.png

I have specified location for my images in LR synch settings as below and by subfolder structure.
The path is same as above C:\Users\Thommy\Pictures\Lightroom\Mobile Downloads.lrdata and in subfolder "Mobile Phone Photos".

1. Why can I not see all photos in all subfolders in that path?

2. Could "Other Lightroom CC Device" be my iPhone? Can I rename it to something else?

3. Any other place or manual where you could find information or in depth explanation how this works?

4. And what about the collection "From LR mobile" - how is that supposed to work?

fs1.PNG

Thommy

Last edited:
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Because you've set a specific location for mobile images, they're getting put in your chosen location instead of in a separate iPhone volume. Other Lightroom CC Device certainly could have been your iPhone at once time.

If you're wanting to find all the photos from a specific device, rather than relying on folders, use the Metadata search fields. Select the All Photographs collection in the Catalog panel, then select Metadata from the Filter bar at the top of the grid. At the top of one of the columns, select Camera and it'll show you all the cameras you've used - included your Samsung phone and iPhone.

thommy

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Thanks, Victoria!
I removed the location specification and now my iPhone is visible as a separate volume.
I also removed the old Samsung and "Other Lightroom CC Device" volumes by removing their folders.
Clean and simple.

1522743483858.png

If I want to gather all my mobile photos on this new iPhone volume and even from my Samsung, can I do that?
Moving all old synched photos into the current iPhone folder and then synchronize folder?

1522743925396.png

Thommy

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Hmmmm, personally I wouldn't go messing with those folders, as it wouldn't update the catalog. You could try dragging and dropping the photos in LR's folders panel though. It's not designed to work that way, but it might work.

thommy

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Ok, thanks for you feedback!
Haven't decided how I will proceed with these images yet.
But the catalog seems to understand when I tested to copy one image into the current "mobile images folder" and then synch folder and import.

Thommy