• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Mobile Not Syncing with LR Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Gilp

Timbo
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic latest version. Cloud based latest version
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
Several weeks ago my LR mobile stopped syncing with my Lap top LR Classic. Apologies if I have the language wrong but you will know what I mean. I look in the folder I set up for this purpose and there are some old ones which have also duplicated but no new ones . Can someone take me though the trouble shooting steps to rectify please ?

Firstly, it's always helpful to tell us the exact version number of the products you are using. "Latest version" often proves to be incorrect, so iyt's better to provide the version number.

Secondly, LrMobile does not sync directly to LrClassic (though in our minds we often think of it that way). Basically changes made in any one of our client apps (Classic, Mobile, Lightroom desktop, etc.) sync to our accounts on the Adobe cloud servers, and from there the changes will sync to all of our other connected apps. So when syncing in one app stops, as in your case, the first thing to check is where in the chain is it failing, and to do that we need to look directly into our cloud account (using the LrWeb app) to see if the specific changes made in one client appear there, i.e. in you case are the changes made in LrMobile visible in the cloud? If not, the problem lies between Mobile and the cloud....if yes, the problem lies between the cloud and Classic.

So that's the starting point....to use the LrWeb app, login to your account in any browser window at lightroom.adobe.com and check for the missing changes, then let us know what you find (and confirm the version numbers).

Firstly, it's always helpful to tell us the exact version number of the products you are using. "Latest version" often proves to be incorrect, so iyt's better to provide the version number.

Secondly, LrMobile does not sync directly to LrClassic (though in our minds we often think of it that way). Basically changes made in any one of our client apps (Classic, Mobile, Lightroom desktop, etc.) sync to our accounts on the Adobe cloud servers, and from there the changes will sync to all of our other connected apps. So when syncing in one app stops, as in your case, the first thing to check is where in the chain is it failing, and to do that we need to look directly into our cloud account (using the LrWeb app) to see if the specific changes made in one client appear there, i.e. in you case are the changes made in LrMobile visible in the cloud? If not, the problem lies between Mobile and the cloud....if yes, the problem lies between the cloud and Classic.

So that's the starting point....to use the LrWeb app, login to your account in any browser window at lightroom.adobe.com and check for the missing changes, then let us know what you find (and confirm the version numbers).
It's taken some time but I have now had a look as you suggested Jim. My LR Classic version is 12.2.1 my LR Mobile is v8.2.2 . I can see that x5 of the pictures I have taken this weekend are in my account on line but I can't see them on LR Classic. A further five pictures are not visible/ haven't synched but they are on my phone. Doesn't really make sense to me !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back