• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Missing sync icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I am stymied by the sync procedure with LR mobile.
I have several collections synced with LR mobile but when I added a new collection, I no longer find the two way arrow sync icon to the left of the collection to initiate syncing. I am thus at a loss to add or delete a collection. What can you suggest?
PS The syncing mechanism is turned on

If you have sync enabled, and if the collection is a static collection (smart collections can't be synced), there should be a faint square box in front of the collection name. Clicking in that box should initiate syncing, i.e. the two-way arrow icon will appear when you click that box. You can also right-click on a collection name and select "Sync with Lightroom mobile". But if none of that works, let us know and we'll investigate further

The problem is that the faint square box before the collection name is not there. Neither before the new collection I wish to sync nor any of the other collections that have been synced.

Which implies that sync is not enabled. Check in the Activity Centre to see what the status of sync currently is.

Can we see a screenshot of your Collections Panel, including the collections which were previously synced and the collection that your trying to sync?

Problem resolved with a trusted old stand-by: I closed LR then re-opened it. All the little sync icons magically re-appeared. Thank you for your patience.

Problem resolved with a trusted old stand-by: I closed LR then re-opened it. All the little sync icons magically re-appeared. Thank you for your patience.

Ah! You have discovered the secret sysadmin reset procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back