Beckyk

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
I bought a new Mac and installed PS I'm missing all the swatches that I installed in PS on my old Mac.

is there a place to look for them or do I need to redo them.

I'm also missing all my actions that I have installed on my old Mac PS

ETA: all my brushes are gone too!

Last edited:
I don’t know by heart where swatches are stored, but loss of actions has been a known problem for as long as actions have existed. Actions are stored in some obscure ‘ActionPalette’ file, that is not stored in your Photoshop folder but in the user/Library/Preferences folder. If you still have Photoshop on the old computer, then export your actions from the Actions panel and import this file into the Actions panel on the new computer.

I don’t know by heart where swatches are stored, but loss of actions has been a known problem for as long as actions have existed. Actions are stored in some obscure ‘ActionPalette’ file, that is not stored in your Photoshop folder but in the user/Library/Preferences folder. If you still have Photoshop on the old computer, then export your actions from the Actions panel and import this file into the Actions panel on the new computer.
thank you very much! I do see they are there, I just need to know how to save the brushes, actions and swatches to move to the new Mac. I will look here again and google it too.

thank you very much! I do see they are there, I just need to know how to save the brushes, actions and swatches to move to the new Mac. I will look here again and google it too.
If you have access to the old computer, then you can export your actions and other stuff from the panels. Click on the icon with the lines in the upper right corner of the panel. Actions need to be exported by set, not individually.

If you have access to the old computer, then you can export your actions and other stuff from the panels. Click on the icon with the lines in the upper right corner of the panel. Actions need to be exported by set, not individually.
thank you so much that looks pretty easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back