• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again. Just some small tweaks as well as cameras/lenses and bugs! See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Missing shortcuts for Copy/Paste Settings from the Lightroom Queen list

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
  2. macOS 11 Big Sur
I just learned that on Windows, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are bound to Copy Settings and Paste Settings in both Library and Develop . They are the "official" shortcuts displayed in the menus Library > Photo > Develop Settings and Develop > Settings.

On Mac, Cmd+C and Cmd+V are bound to Copy/Paste Settings in Develop but not Library.

This change was made sometime between LR 6.14 and LR 8.2.1, and I couldn't find any reference to it in release notes or forum posts.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I can't find any trace of it being mentioned in prerelease notes or discussion, and it's still listed with the Shift on the official shortcuts list.

@RikkFlohr any bright ideas?

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Right. But try Cmd+C/V in Develop. On the three Macs I've tried, they also invoke Copy/Paste Settings.
Yes, you are correct! How strange.

I must say do find a lot of Lightroom's menus and interface strange and confusing. Like when I need a Plug-in. Where are the Plug-ins? File -> Plug-in Extras. Why can't I find the Plug-in I know I have there. Why, its in Library -> Plug-in Extras. Makes perfect sense to someone. But not me!

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Rikk's bugged it

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
"File -> Plug-in Extras. Why can't I find the Plug-in I know I have there. Why, its in Library -> Plug-in Extras. "

The original intent was that plugins that only apply to Library should go in Library > Plug-in Extras, since the Library menu only appears when in Library, and all other plugins go in File > Plug-in Extras. But plugin developers (including me) found that many users got confused by this, so many of us now put our plugins in both menus. (There's also Help > Plug-in Extras, but I don't know any plugins that use that!)

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
(There's also Help > Plug-in Extras, but I don't know any plugins that use that!)
So its worst than I thought! THREE Plug-in Extras menus! :eek: Let me tell you that my Help -> Plug-in Extras menus has 'Bag o-goodies home page' and 'FAQ for Jeffery's plugins'. So now you know Jeffery Friedl uses it!

Lightroom Experience
Power User
So its worst than I thought! THREE Plug-in Extras menus! :eek: Let me tell you that my Help -> Plug-in Extras menus has 'Bag o-goodies home page' and 'FAQ for Jeffery's plugins'. So now you know Jeffery Friedl uses it!
There are a few more. LensTagger also uses it, for example.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Yes, you are correct! How strange.

I must say do find a lot of Lightroom's menus and interface strange and confusing. Like when I need a Plug-in. Where are the Plug-ins? File -> Plug-in Extras. Why can't I find the Plug-in I know I have there. Why, its in Library -> Plug-in Extras. Makes perfect sense to someone. But not me!
That is up to the plugin developer, who can choose to put the menu items under File and/or Library and/or Help.