• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Missing Profiles in LR on iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevevp

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
5.2.0 on iPad
Operating System
  1. iOS
I am travelling in Sri Lanka and have just imported my first batch of photos into Lightroom on my iPad (and a joy that this can now be done directly and not via Apple Photos). I find that all the photos have been imported with the Matrix profile, the usual Adobe profiles like Adobe Color are missing. Grateful any advice. I attach a screenshot.

Screenshot 2020-02-17 at 12.35.27.png

All very strange, the missing profiles have now appeared. I was also missing the colour noise reduction section under Detail. That’s also now appeared. :confused:

Oh good! Yeah, they're supposed to download on demand if they're not already available locally, but it can take a while.

Thanks Victoria. The annoying thing is that, once the profiles had downloaded, I had to manually change the profile for each imported photo one at a time as I couldn’t find a way to do a bulk edit! Fortunately there were only a hundred or so pics!
Cheers, Steve

I couldn’t find a way to do a bulk edit!
Next time, see the Copy/Paste lesson in your Edit Like a Pro book. It's page 149 in the latest release.

I also got Matrix profile and BW images when I import RAW from my Olympus E-M1 iii to iPad. How can I choose another profile as default?

That's quite a vague question Sverre. If you go to the Profiles panel for one of those photos, is Matrix the only option that shows up?

Sorry about my unclear post.

I connect my iPad to my camera and import directly using a USB-C cable. Recently all my imported raw images are black and white when imported. When I go to edit the profile is named Matrix.
I cannot find any Adobe profiles on my iPad - only Camera matching, Artistic and others. Cannot find the assigned profile Matrix.

When I sync with Lightroom classic it change to color also on my iPad after syncing back after import. But still profile Matrix on my iPad and Adobe Standard on my PC.

Oh good, that's what I was about to suggest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back