• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Missing previews, grey boxes in Grid since upgrade to latest LR CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia Neal

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hi all, wondered whether anyone else has had these problems since upgrading CC LR and their catalogues?

1. LR suddenly can't seem to 'see' many of the RAWs it saw perfectly well before, posting the usual question marks or exclamations on the image thumbnail. Re-linking one doesn't fix the problem though because the 'find nearby images' command doesn't work when this happens. And...
2. When I flip to Grid view in Library, screen doesn't always refresh properly, either displaying some Grid view images, but with another rendered beneath (such as coffee cup below) or...
3. Dislaying a scary (and increasing) number of blank grey boxes in catalogues that have just been upgraded (2nd screen grab).

Trying to render new 1:1 previews doesn't help...s/w just doesn't do it while this is happening.

However, some of the LRcats that were doing this have mysteriously 'fixed' themselves after an overnight sleep. This makes me question the health of my graphics card, but all was fine before updating s/w.
I'd welcome thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Julia

Failure to render Grid 2.jpg
Grid view images vanishing 2.jpg Failure to render Grid 2.jpg
Grid view images vanishing 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back