• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Develop module Missing Presets

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveMallett

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic CC 8.1 Camera Raw 11.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi, this is my first visit here so please bear with me! I love Victoria's books.

I'm having a major issue with dev presets. Yesterday all was well, today most of them have vanished. I store my presets with the catalogue on an SSD so I can easily move between iMac and MacBook Pro. When I selected LR Preferences/Show LR Develop Presets it took me to where I expected them to be, with the catalogue, it showed me a folder called Settings which was empty. There was also a folder Develop Settings which was populated with presets. I've also found these replicated in Camera Raw Settings in Library/Application Support/Adobe/Camera Raw/Settings! LR seems to have got itself in a complete tizzy and seems to show a handful of presets from a variety of locations.

So, in this latest version of LR where are the presets stored by default?
What is the relationship between LR settings and ACR settings?
How do you force LR to convert old .lrtemplate files to .xml (when it doesn't do it automatically)

Oh, and my export presets have also gone awol.

Any clues would be much appreciated. Thanks

Steve

Presets stored with the catalog are ONLY stored with that catalog. Open a different catalog and you will see (or not see) presets assigned to that catalog. Could you be opening a different of old catalog?

Thanks Cletus, that's what I thought. I've just deleted all the presets and reinstalled most of them. It seems a pretty unpredictable area of the software as some install and some don't. Some convert .lrtemplate files to xml and some don't. Beats me.

Welcome Treffynon! Did you get them all converted ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back