Missing photos after updated Safari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yana

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
4.x
I hope someone can help me to solve my problem. I had to upgrade my Safari (on Mac) yesterday and when upgrade was over I found that iPhoto was replaced with new program Photos. But main "surprise" I found in Lightroom when I saw that all my photos are online or missing. With a friend's help I managed to import one folder back in Lr but all data was lost.. so like 20 pictures I edited was gone and I have to start it all over again..Plus it did import ALL pictures even those I deleted..so like 370..I downsized to 107..and now have to do it again.
May be there is easiest way to do it all at once? I mean to connect folders from Photos (where they are now, must be automatically migrated from iPhoto) to Lr..and preferably without loosing my editing..Is there a hope? Please HELP!!

Sounds like you upgraded more than just Safari. By default, Photos stores the images inside its library package, and Lightroom cannot see inside that package. You need to get those images out of Photos into a normal folder, so Lightroom can see them again. There is another long thread about this subject in this forum, so perhaps you should start there. Importing existing 'Photo' library.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I believe when I went to upgrade Safari it was whole new OS.. I would do it all later if I realized it from the beginning..
I thought so..that before pictures were in iPhoto's library and then transferred to Photo's one and that's why Lightroom can't see them. I will try to find folders and move them all out of the library after I read that other thread you recommended.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back